09 September 2005

Well, what now?

So, for the last few days, I've been giving some serious thought to my dissertation project. I've got to get moving, or I'll be stuck in this program for the next ten years. Today, I found out the place I'm working now doesn't have the funding to keep me, which was not the answer I'd been given when I first started there. I understand things change, but my boss knew all week that I was planning on talking to her abot a project, and she never brought it up to me herself that she didn't currently have grant money.

Wat can you do, right?

At least I learned a lot. Now, I have to go back and see if the last lab I worked in will support my research idea. If not.. well, I didn't really like working there last semester, and if I can't do something I actually want to do, I'm not sure where I'm going to go now. Unfortunately, I can't afford to be unemployed. :( Sigh.

No comments: