30 August 2005

Relief Efforts

I just got through a slide show which gave just a few pictures of the devastation of Katrina, and I'm sure the news networks are going overboard to show similar images, like they do in all disasters. I was shocked, though, at the damage from the storm. I love New Orleans, I think it's one of the most wonderful cities I've ever been to, and I can't imagine how all those people must feel while they're waiting to even find out if they have a home left along the coast.

A number of relief efforts are underway. If you'd like to contribute, follow any of the below links:

American Red Cross

Salvation Army

Feed The Children

United Jewish Communities

Catholic Charities

United Methodist Committees for Relief

FEMA also has some good guidelines about donating here.

No comments: