01 February 2006

Evening thoughts.

The last few weeks have been kind of wierd for me. I think part of it has been that my routine is all messed up -- I got a new lab job, which I actually like, but the hours are way different from what I keep when I'm on my own time, and I'm working a lot for the Company. But I've also been in this funk that I haven't been able to figure out.

I got tired of trying to figure it out. Now I'm just going to change it.

I'm way too judgemental about people, and I need to stop. It's not fair to them, and it makes me a huge bitch. Several times in the last two weeks I found myself in one-on-one situations with people that I previously couldn't stand. And I found out that really, they're not all that bad, and if I hadn't been such a jerk I might have figured it out before. I need to do a better job of listening and a better job of not talking, particularly when that talking isn't leading to anything productive. And I should be able to decide how I'm feeling. I'm tired of having 'off days.'

Happy February. It's going to be a good month.

Or at least, interesting.

3 comments:

jeffsix said...

Profound. :)

Matt S. said...

Once you realize all people suck, then it is easy to be nonjudgemental.

Unknown said...

Interesting ALWAYS better than dull.