28 November 2005

Finished! Phase I

Until today I was way behind the game. This time last year I'd pretty much finished my shopping, and did it all online. Go me! Not this year. This year, I really had to motivate myself. I tried to plan, and budget, make a list (Excel online templates=awesome) and so on, but my heart just wasn't in it. So I made myself go to the mall this afternoon when I found I had some free time.

I see you're cringing. If not, you should be. The mall post-Thanksgiving has traditionally been a nightmare. Lawnmower tried to go over the weekend and said it was mobbed. Children run around the mall spreading flue germs and headaches and the line for Santa is way too long. People are mean. I learned early to avoid it. Hence I steeled myself for a horrible experience.

Actually, I was there between three and six-ish and it wasn't too bad. No lines, no crowds.. Thank god for online shopping, I guess. I even got stuff I wanted, and didn't cause my credit card to spontaneously combust.

So now, all I have to do is... Phase II. I need some wrapping paper.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy cow. Yet again, everyone else in the world is organised ahead of me... Every year I promise myself it will not happen, and every year I fail miserably.