17 November 2005

In need of a map....

Well, I had a nice long chat with my old Program Coordinator today, who currently heads the newer, revamped program in the graduate school. It was really good to speak with her, and she gave me some really good and honest feedback about my situation.

I guess I haven't really posted much about it here, and you all haven't had the benefit(?) of seeing me over my bad-day-bourbons, but the last year has been a little difficult because I've slowly been coming to the realization that I don't want to do this (research) for the rest of my life and I'm beginning to get impatient with working so hard for a degree I don't really need.

She helped put it in perspective some, though I think she gave me far more credit that I deserve. I'm going to stick it out for now, and at the same time try to pick up a couple temporary part time jobs to try and get a better feel for what I want to be doing -- something I probably should have done before getting into grad school anyway. I might be able to land one at a PT office, and there's a couple other things I want to try and do. So we'll see how it all goes. I know no job is perfect, but I'm hoping it's not too much to want to find something I can get really excited about doing...

1 comment:

Mr. Shife said...

It is hard not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you can find a job that is rewarding and exciting for you.