23 March 2006

I want to go back to school...

Now, you might be thinking: you're in school. That is not the point.

I want to go back to fun school. Or, more accurately, undergraduate studies. Why? Because, sitting here in the lab at four o'clock on a Thursday, knowing I have at least four more hours worth of experiments that probably aren't going to work anyway (c'mon now, seventh time's the charm!) I'm fully appreciating how I don't want to do this the rest of my life. Or even the next five or six years.

So I want another bachelor's degree.

I like a lot of things besides biology. Literature, that's fun. I like to read. Languages, I like those too. Anthropology -- I might have majored in that if I'd taken a class in that area before my senior year. All things I really like. Going back would mean I'd get to study these things, get a different job, hopefully related to them, and explore a new career track.

Going back will also mean giving up my salary (small but sufficient) and working many many hours a week to pay ten grand in tuition, plus my living expenses, for at least two years. And I'd feel like a quitter.

Decisions, decisions. :\

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, your life seems interesting!

Peace and Love!

Dominic Ebacher
ebacherdom.blogspot.com