22 October 2005

The reality of war hits home.

I haven't been doing much blog-reading the last few days; now that I'm back in action, no doubt I'll flood this one for a week with posts, then get ADD and go play outside or something. But for now...

I stumbled across this on The Blogger Cooler tonight.



This is part of a Belgian Unicef ad, designed to show the effects of war on children. I guess for kids, it's more real to see your favorite TV characters blown up than actual people? Note the Smurf running around with his head on fire, that seemed especially realistic...

I don't think this ad will be very effective here, considering the last time I mentioned The Smurfs to members of the younger generation (11, 9, and 7) they had no idea what I was talking about.

Culture gap. So sad...

No comments: