28 October 2005

Livin' the Dream

When I was a little kid, I couldn't wait to grow up.

My parents gave me a lot of freedom in high school (miraculously, it didn't end with me getting arrested), but I was still ready to get out on my own for college. After the first year, I was done with living in a dorm with five hundred other people and sharing a bathroom with fifty, and ready for my own place. In May of this year, I finally moved out into a house with two of my friends.


Yup, livin' the glamorous single life.

I got my job, I go to the gym, I mow my lawn, we throw parties. Exceptionally glamorous. I fully realized this when I went grocery shopping the other day. My last year in college I took an anthropology/archaeology class, and one of the activities we did was looking through bags of 'trash' (rinsed out cans, bottles, wrappers, etc that my professor had collected) to try and make guesses about the culture of the people who'd generated the trash. Another drill was emptying our pockets onto our desks and going through them, saying how the contents describe us (try it and leave your comment below. I need some entertainment) I decided to play this game with my grocery bag.

Hot dogs, chocolate, and Bloody Mary mix.


I stopped there.

Yup, that's me. Livin' the glamorous life.

1 comment:

Atalante said...

Mmm... Lip balm. :)